Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 2:30-5:00 PM PST- FULL!
The recent events of police brutality and racial injustice highlight that systemic and institutional racism still abounds in our country. While protests rage in the streets, what about the internal culture of your organization? How did you acknowledge the context for your staff? How were black staff supported to endure yet another wave of highly visibilized lynchings? What are the ways your organizational practices replicate dominant culture internally?
In this 2-hour interactive session join other organizational leaders in an exploration of how white supremacy ideals become embedded in organizational practices, and strategies to re-design both policies and practices to actively promote anti-racist culture.
We won’t get it done in two and a half hours but here’s what we will do in this introductory session:
- Ground in our own bodies, and acknowledge the role racial identity has played in the formation of our identities.
- Unpack the layers between white supremacy, everyday racism, and antiracist transformative practices.
- Use a series of guided questions to design transformative antiracist organizational practices.
For anyone who wishes to go deeper into this body of work, we will be developing a 5-part series to follow.
Who Should Register?
- Ideally, two-three members of a leadership team should attend this session together, so you can process the information and take-aways together.
- Ideally your leadership team representatives will be racially diverse.
Facilitated by Organizational Development Expert: Sangita Kumar
Wednesday 6/17, 2:30-5:00 PM PST. * A Zoom link will be provided in the confirmation email.*
We will be offering two kinds of tickets
- General Admission: with this ticket you pay $45 to cover your ticket
- Donor Admission: with this ticket you pay $90 to cover your ticket as well as someone who doesn’t have funds to attend
Due to the overwhelming interest in this training, we have opened another training opportunity, on Tuesday 6/23, from 9:30-11:30. If you are interested in attending that one, please click here to register. If you are unable to make it on 6/23, please email Lauren@bethechangeconsulting.com to add your contact information to our mailing list. We’ll keep you posted on the next opportunity!